The Probate Process-What we do
Your important decisions deserve sound, competent legal advice.
Don’t get Discouraged.
No matter how great you think your coping skills are, the loss of a loved one can easily become overwhelming. At Drizin Law, we help you understand the probate process in simple and straight forward terms.
Let us do the “heavy lifting” with the following:
- File the original will with the clerk’s office.
- Obtain death certificate.
- Petition with the probate court for an order to be appointed executor or personal representative.
- Explain in detailed, understandable terms your duties as personal representative.
- Collect the assets and file a list known as an “inventory”.
- Consolidate all the Estate funds.
- Pay bills and taxes.
- File tax returns.
- File a final account.
- Distribute property to the heirs and beneficiaries.
Did you know? Even if you have a revocable living trust, you may still be required to open a probate. If an asset hasn’t been transferred into the trust prior to death, then it will have to be probated.