Las Vegas Office: 2460 Professional Court, Suite 110, Las Vegas, NV

NEW Henderson Office: 2831 St. Rose Parkway, Suite 200, Henderson, NV

Personal Representatives and Administrators

The Personal Representative is the person nominated in a will to be in charge of an estate once someone has passed.  If there is no will, or the person nominated in the will to serve as the Nevada Personal Representative is unwilling or unable to serve, an Administrator can be appointed to serve.  In order to serve in either position, a person must be over the age of 21 years and not have been convicted of a felony. Administrators must also be a resident of the State of Nevada. However, a non-resident may serve as a Co-Administrator as long as the other person resides in Nevada.

Selecting an experienced Nevada probate law attorney is important because the Personal Representative or Administrator can have personal liability imposed upon them in certain circumstances. Instances in which the Nevada Personal Representative or Administrator can be held personally liable include:

  • Failure to exercise reasonable care and skill in managing the property of another
  • Making a mistake that costs the estate money
  • Unpaid Federal Income Taxes of the estate
  • Stealing funds from the estate
  • Failure to follow the will or commit other actions that breach your fiduciary duty
  • Failure to properly inventory the assets
  • Failure to pay the heirs or beneficiaries of the estate
  • Violations of Disclosure Rules relating to Real Estate

Were you named a personal representative for a Nevada estate?  Do you require exceptional legal support from an experienced Nevada probate attorney?  At the law firm of Lee A. Drizin, Chtd., located in Las Vegas, Nevada, our attorneys skillfully guide personal representatives through the Nevada probate process.

Call us today to discuss your case. 702-798-4955

Nevada Probate: Drizin Law Office

Free Nevada Probate Book

By Lee A. Drizin, Esq.

Ready for effective, immediate action for your probate matter?