1. Only John Hancock actually signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
2. Every 4th of July the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia is tapped (not actually rung) 13 times in honor of the original colonies.
3. The White House didn’t hold their first 4th of July party until 1801.
4. The stars on the original American flag were in a circle so all the Colonies would appear equal.
5. Benjamin Franklin thought the turkey a better choice as the national bird but it was overruled by John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, who recommended the bald eagle.
From all us at Drizin Law, we wish you a Happy and Safe Holiday.