Your important decisions deserve sound, competent legal advice.
Don’t get discouraged.
We know that dealing with a loved one with cognitive impairments can be overwhelming. However, our Drizin Law attorneys are here to explain each step of the guardianship process in detailed, understandable terms.
- Provide a Physician’s Certificate which is required to establish that your loved one meets the criteria for guardianship.
- Prepare and file a Petition for Appointment for Temporary Guardian if emergency circumstances exist.
- Prepare and file a Petition of a General Guardian.
- Submit all appropriate orders to the court.
- Obtain issuance of your Letters of Guardianship.
- Explain in detail your duties as guardian of the person and/or estate.
- Arrange for your completion of the required Acknowledgement of Duties form.
- Prepare and file an inventory.
- Prepare and file a Petition to Approve a Budget.
- Prepare and file Petitions to sell Personal and/or Real Property when necessary.
- Prepare and file Annual Reports regarding your loved one’s condition.
- Prepare and file Annual and/or Final Accounts reflecting the guardianship income and expenses.
- Assist you in determining and seeking summary administration when appropriate in order to avoid costly annual accounts.
- Obtain an order discharging you as guardian upon termination of guardianship process.
Ready for effective, immediate action for your guardianship matter? Contact Drizin Law at 702-798-4955 to speak with an attorney today.