Do I Need a Lawyer to Represent Me
Your important decisions deserve sound, competent legal advice.
Don’t get discouraged.
We know that dealing with a loved one with cognitive impairments can be overwhelming. However, our Drizin Law attorneys are here to explain each step of the guardianship process in detailed, understandable terms.
We handle everything and whether you live in Nevada or out of state, we make all necessary court appearances as well as assist you with the following:
- Provide a Physician’s Certificate which is required to establish that your loved one meets the criteria for guardianship.
- Prepare and file a Petition for Appointment for Temporary Guardian if emergency circumstances exist.
- Prepare and file a Petition for Appointment of General Guardian.
- Submit all appropriate orders to the court.
- Obtain issuance of your Letters of Guardianship.
- Explain in detail your duties as guardian of the person and/or estate.
- Arrange for your completion of the required Acknowledgement of Duties form.
- Prepare and file an inventory.
- Prepare and file a Petition to Approve a Budget.
- Prepare and file Petitions to sell Personal and/or Real Property when necessary.
- Prepare and file Annual Reports regarding your loved one’s condition.
- Prepare and file Annual and/or Final Accounts reflecting the guardianship income and expenses.
- Assist you in determining and seeking summary administration when appropriate in order to avoid costly annual accounts.
- Obtain an order discharging you as guardian upon termination of guardianship process.